Monday, April 18, 2016

Listen up



When you’re in this biz, the PR/marketing biz, you’re an advisor. One of the firms I worked with the proprietor and CEO was adamant about our being advisors and leading the client. I often scratched my head in bewilderment at how much we led, but didn’t listen.
Shortly after that stint, I founded CCS. I wanted and needed to be with my family more, loved what I was doing, but thought there MUST be a better way of working with clients and I was going to find it, discover it, create it! My intention, my big idea, was to listen. I wanted to be a good listener. The thought… a good listener could in turn be a good advisor.
That was nine years ago. I’ve learned a lot since then, and I’m happy to report that it works. Our culture is to first listen, really listen, then advise and then, at the end of the day, respect our client’s wishes whether they’ve taken the counsel they’ve been given or decided upon a different path. It’s simple, but hey, it works and that’s what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment