Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Best Business Practices


We’ve all heard the ‘ole adage, “eighty percent of success is showing up”. I remember the first time I heard that and thought, WOW, how simple is that. Too simple to be true, or so I thought. If I were in the position to influence young people today, that simple principle is something I would strongly impress upon them along with a few others. Here’s my so simple, yet so right on, list. (I’d love to hear what’s worked, or working in your life too!)

-show up

-follow up

-be responsive

-listen

-do what you say you’re going to do

It’s really pretty simple isn’t it?

(*Who said it - the 80% thing? Woody Allen and Marshall Brickman co-writers of the Oscar winning screenplay movie Annie Hall, were interviewed together. The following words were spoken by Marshall Brickman, but he attributed the adage to Woody Allen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment